The province of Manitoba has remained true to its promise of welcoming more foreign workers overseas by opening its borders once again to about 24 skilled workers abroad. The MPNP’s Foreign Skilled Workers category allows the province to select and nominate approved foreign workers with skills required in Manitoba’s labor market. The 24 Skilled Worker Overseas candidates invited on November 7 had a minimum EOI score of 719.
Major criterions for selection in this draw was an established connection to Manitoba such as close family or friends, previous education or job offer from an employer in the province or an invitation through one of the MPNP’s Strategic Recruitment Initiatives. Of the 180 Letters of Advice to Apply issued in this draw, 23 were issued to candidates who declared a valid Express Entry ID and job seeker validation code.
- Some Candidates have not been selected in this draw unless they: were directly invited by the MPNP under a Strategic Recruitment Initiative. b) candidates under the Express Entry sub-stream who do not have a valid Express Entry ID and job seeker validation code and verifiable experience in an occupation on Manitoba’s In-demand occupation list will be refused.
- If your score is higher than that of the lowest-ranked candidate, but you have not received a Letter of Advice to Apply, this could be because:
- You have indicated that you have taken an approved third-party language test to demonstrate your language ability in English/French, but have not provided a valid Test Number in your EOI or your language test is no longer valid
- You have indicated that you have received an Invitation to Apply to the MPNP under a Strategic Initiative but did not provide a valid Invitation Number.
- Please note that for each question in EOI, help text is available, providing detailed information on the information you should enter. If one of these scenarios applies to you, you may wish to update your EOI with the correct information in order to be considered for the next draw from the EOI pool.
- Candidates who indicated that they are working in a regulated occupation and are fully licensed to work in Manitoba have been selected in this draw. However, the MPNP may not accept or may refuse full applications from those candidates who are not actually working in a regulated occupation and/or fail to provide proof of having undergone all necessary licensing steps to be employed in Manitoba. If this applies to you, you may wish to consider declining your Letter of Advice to Apply.